Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Struggling with Avastar 1.2

Trying again. I prepared again the Slink feet as explained in here http://blog.machinimatrix.org/workflows/classic-fitted-tips/ , appended my shoes again, removed skeleton and weights , applied them again, here is the result
Found what was wrong: never apply weights from Slink if your shoes still have a mirror modifier not applied, this will be the result. Weights from mirror to mirror cannot be changed, at least not in this case.
and of course checked normals again
So I finally found a solution.
Export Avastar dae.
Find the file with no ending .
add .dae manually
reimport it to Blender, you will see normals flipped
Flip normals
Export it to .dae using blender export

1 comment:

Ele Newll said...

Delia, Could you please email me a copy of the shoes that you say Avastar is flipping the normals on. There is no way, that I know of that Avastar does this. So the only way I can know for sure is to have you send me the shoes you used prior to export from Avastar. Please make sure that you use Blender's compression option when you save the Blend file and email it to eleanora.newell@gmail.com. I have tried the Slink feet and other things, using the Avastar Collada panel and re-imported them as daes and none of them show any flipped normals. If there is a bug, we would like to find it, but this can only be accomplished if you send the shoes. Thanks.